Updates / Highlights
[E10] NPE HIGHWAY CHALLENGE 2023
Date: 9.7.2023 (Sun)
Venue: Sunway Pyramid
Distance: 21km / 10km / 5km
Finisher Tee: 21km
21KM Challenge Run (Half Marathon)
10KM Challenge Run
5KM Challenge Run
IJM Allianz Duo Highway Challenge
Makes Highly Anticipated Comeback
KUALA LUMPUR: After a three-year absence due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the highly popular IJM Allianz Duo Highway Challenge 2023 is set to make a full-scale comeback this year.
The Challenge features two separate runs - the Besraya Highway Challenge which will be held on May 21 as well as the NPE Highway challenge on July 9. Participants have the choice of competing in either event and can even join both.
Roughly 15,000 people are expected to participate in both events. It is forecasted that 15 per cent of the total participants will be made up of foreign participants with the remaining 85 per cent comprised of Malaysian runners.
The IJM Allianz Duo Highway Challenge has become increasingly popular since its inception in 2017 with the number of participants increasing each year until 2019.
The event, however, could not be held in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic which had affected the whole world. The event was held in virtual format in 2021 via the IJM Allianz Virtual Highway run.
Despite being held virtually, it was hugely popular with runners which proved that each participant was looking forward to being able to take part in the normal format run on the Besraya and NPE highways.
With a wide variety of running events on offer in Malaysia, the organisers of the IJM Allianz Duo Highway Challenge are looking to ensure that participants go home with maximum satisfaction.
"Of course, there will be some challenges to organise the run again after not being held for a few years due to the Covid-19 pandemic," said Eugene Chan, Managing Director of the EC Pixels Group.
"The objective and intent of IJM and Allianz is to give back to society by promoting a healthy lifestyle.
"As organisers, we want to take the sport to the next level. We are offering the safest race route in the entire country."
For the Besraya Highway Challenge which is themed 'Conquer the Highway' two categories are available: An Open 6km category as well as a 13km Challenge which will offer various age categories.
The NPE Highway Challenge which is themed 'King of the Highway' offers three categories: 5km Fun Run, 10km run and 21km challenge which will be separated by age categories.
IJM Allianz Duo Highway Challenge is the first running challenge in the world to incorporate two highways. Both highways are managed by IJM and will be fully closed during the runs.
For further information please visit the website https://www.ijmhighwayrun.com and the IJM Allianz Duo Highway Challenge Facebook page.
Unique Of IJM ALLIANZ DUO HIGHWAY CHALLENGE
- The Only DUO HIGHWAY CHALLENGE in Asia.
- No.1 Highway Run in Malaysia, First Duo Highway Challenge in the World.
- Full Highway Closure just for the run without a Single vehicle.
- Most Safest event in Malaysia
- Only Once a year NPE and BESRAYA Highway with Full Closure